Pixie Chat was born in the summer of 2015. Our current audience is actively engaged in the content we publish and is growing every day. We anticipate a rapid, massive growth in website traffic over the next year and will be regularly updating this page with new stats as that happens. As of now, we have:
- Nearly 700 highly engaged members in our Pixie Cut Support Group on Facebook
- Over 5000 followers on Instagram
- Over 240 email newsletter subscribers
Our audience consists of mostly short-haired females, aged 13-45, and includes beauty and salon professionals from all over the world.
Currently, we offer the following advertising / PR opportunities:
Individual Instagram Features
Our Instagram page is currently at 2000+ members and growing strong! If you have a short haircut or style that you’d like us to feature on our feed, click here for detailed instructions on how to submit your photos. Instagram photo features are free for individuals.
Company Instagram Features
For companies, salon professionals, Etsy sellers and other relevant business owners, we will publish a photo advertisement to our Instagram feed that includes a tagged link back to your company’s Instagram account. This is a great way to get your brand in front of our rapidly growing audience of stylish women. Click here to apply for a company Instagram feature.
Sponsored Posts — Email for Current Pricing
For haircare, beauty and salon professionals, sponsored posts are a great way to grow your audience through consistent website traffic! If you have a specific product or service you’d like us to promote on our site, our team of writers will work with you to create an editorial endorsement with embedded links to your website(s) and/or social media page(s). The post will remain in our archives indefinitely, where it will continue to generate traffic, month after month for years to come. You simply pay a one-time fee for writing, editing and placement.
The following guidelines apply for sponsored posts:
- Your product or service must be relevant to our readers and site content. Please visit this page and peruse our content archives to get an idea of the types of content we like to publish.
- We will always disclose that we received compensation for sponsored posts. This is an FTC-mandated requirement and is non-negotiable.
- We maintain copyright and have full editorial control over sponsored post content.
- Each post will contain at least one link back to your website(s).
- We will share the post in our public Facebook group and on our Instagram page, with a reference to your company and a tagged link back to your page, where appropriate.
For sponsored post opportunities, please fill out an advertising inquiry form. Be sure to include any relevant information about your brand, including why you feel your products/services would appeal to our readers.
We accept products for reviews and/or features in posts that we publish. Reviews will be provided at our sole discretion; a published review or feature is never guaranteed for products received.
In addition, we make no promises to provide positive reviews about the products we receive. If we feel your product resonates with our intended audience and style, we are happy to receive it for consideration.
In any event, we promise to provide our honest opinion. In general, we usually won’t review products we don’t like, and if we anticipate a negative review after receiving a product, we will contact you first and give you the chance to opt out.
The following guidelines apply for product reviews:
- We will accept products provided at no cost for review on our site. We will not purchase products at a discounted rate for the purpose of a review or feature.
- Depending on when we receive the product(s) and the time it takes to use them and assess a thorough opinion, reviews may take anywhere from several weeks to several months to complete. We will provide you with a scheduled time for the review to be published once we receive the product(s) from you.
- We maintain full editorial control and copyright for all product review and feature post content, and we are not required to send you the copy prior to publication. In the event that we believe a negative review will take place, we will contact you and give you the chance to opt out.
- We will fully disclose that all product(s) were provided to us for the purpose of a review or feature. Again, this is an FTC-mandated requirement and is non-negotiable.
- Each review will include at least one link to your website(s) and/or social media page(s).
- We will share the published review in our public Facebook group and/or on our Instagram page with a reference to your company.
- We typically don’t accept products for review from independent reps/consultants in network marketing or MLM companies. (Sorry!) However, we may accept a product for review from the company headquarters and will link back to the company’s corporate website, if so.
If you’d like to send us a product for a review or feature, please fill out an advertising inquiry form. Be sure to include any relevant information about your brand, including why you feel your products/services would appeal to our readers.
We are happy to partner with companies for product giveaways. A giveaway may accompany a product review and may be hosted on our site (see above for details). Or, we may choose to partner with your shop and several others for an Instagram Loop Giveaway. Loop Giveaways are a quick way to grow your audience and typically entail the following:
- Each shop that participates chooses a prize to give away, or all shops collaborate on a single prize, such as a high-priced gift card to a national store.
- All shops publish the same photo—typically a picture of the giveaway prize(s)—and tags every other shop in the loop.
- To enter, users are required to perform a series of actions, which may include: liking the photo, tagging a few friends, and clicking on and following the next shop tagged in the photo. These actions are repeated for all shops until the user is brought back to the original image or beginning of the “loop.”
We try to partner with shops who have a similar number of Instagram followers and offer a product that’s available nationwide and is relevant to our readers. Examples include: hair accessories, haircare products, clothing, jewelry and makeup.
If you’re interested in partnering with us for a giveaway, please fill out an advertising inquiry form. Be sure to include any relevant information about your brand, including why you feel your products/services would appeal to our readers.