We are always looking for fun, well-written articles related to style and beauty, especially where short hair and/or pixie cuts are involved!
If you’re interested in becoming a Pixie Chat contributor, please send your pitch/article and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a headshot with your submission, along with your website URL—if you have one—and your social media handles for the networks where you’re most active. (Psst! We love Instagram!)
Here are some things to consider before you submit your post:
1. We are looking for 100% unique, original content. That means your post must not be published anywhere else or copied from another website. (The only exception to this rule is a video that is published on YouTube or Vimeo, however we must be able to verify that the video can be completely credited to you). We will review all posts for 100% uniqueness prior to publication.
2. We don’t care too much about word count, but we generally like to keep posts between 300 and 1000 words. Depending on the topic, you may use fewer words and more images, which is fine, but if you do, please make sure your images are clear, well-lit and unoffensive.
3. Speaking of images, we prefer photos that are crisp, clean and bright with lots of white space, minimal filtering, and no logos or word marks on top. Please visit our Instagram feed for examples of photos we like to share. Be sure to submit at least one image to go along with your post.
3. Due to the volume of emails we receive, we may not be able to respond to all submissions. However, we do promise to read every single one that comes in, and if we believe yours is a good fit for our site, we’ll publish it or contact you within 15 days. If you don’t hear from us or see your post published within 15 days after submitting it, you may go ahead and use it on your own website or submit it to another site for consideration.
4. Each post is allowed an author bio with one link back to your website. Please don’t submit a post for the sole purpose of link-building. We can tell when that’s the case, and your post will not be published. We reserve the right to delete hyperlinks if we feel they aren’t relevant or necessary.
5. In general, we do not accept content or allow links from MLM/network marketing bloggers who are trying to promote their products. However, we will review submissions on a case-by-case basis, and if we do feel yours is a good fit for the site, we may publish it. If you have a product that you’d like us to review, please visit this page for more information.
6. We do not allow other bloggers to submit product reviews. However, if you’d like to send us a product so that we can review it here, we would be happy to accept. For more info on product review submissions, please visit this page.
7. The content should be relevant to our audience of mostly shorthaired women who are enthusiastic about style and beauty. Please take the time to browse our site and read the posts that have already been published. If you’re not sure about an idea, send it to us prior to writing, and we’ll be happy to give you our input!
Here are some examples of the type of content we’re looking for:
- Humorous, first-person narratives on growing out a pixie cut or a short hair cut, including the challenges you faced, how you styled your hair at each stage (with pictures) and what emotions you experienced when your hair finally made it to the desired length.
- Personal stories from cancer survivors who have experienced hair loss as a result of chemotherapy treatments.
- Original how-to hairstyling tutorials. (Please include pictures and/or video)
- Thoughts on short hair and femininity.
- Fashion/outfit posts with hair accessories to style a short haircut. (Please include pictures.)
- Beauty/makeup tutorials with hair accessories to style a short haircut. (Please include pictures and/or video.)
- Celebrity hair & style commentary.
- “Industry insider” posts offering tips and guidance from hair & beauty professionals (i.e. hairstylists, beauty & fashion bloggers & YouTube makeup artists, etc.)
Note: if you include video(s) with your post, please first publish to YouTube or Vimeo, make sure it’s not set to “Private”, and send us the link(s) so we can embed the video(s) directly.
What we don’t want:
- Posts from SEO professionals and/or marketers that are clearly written for link-building/advertising purposes.*
- Product reviews from other vendors.*
- Press releases.*
- Self-promotional content.*
- Content that’s unrelated to hair, beauty & style. Please read the posts on this site and see above to get an idea of the types of content we accept.
*If you’re interested in advertising/PR opportunities, please visit this page.
We are open to new suggestions, so if you’re not sure about an article idea, please email us at email@example.com with your pitch!